Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I LIVED TODAY, NOT JUST BREATHED !

" even I don't know what 'spiritual development' really means. But I do know we're deficient in some way. We are too involved in materialistic things, and they don't satisfy us. The loving relationships we have, the universe around us, we take these for granted. "

I have my copy of ' tuesdays with Morrie ' infront of me, that has the above mentioned lines . The author tries to build the thought that , most of us all walk around as if we're sleepwalking. We really don't experience the world fully, because we're half sleep, doing things we automatically think we have to do. ( thought from the same book. )

Of these 27 years, that I have breathed so far, more than half I would say are in "Missed" state. The term, "Missed " reminds me of the balloon shooting game that we used to play in childhood, where the shooter was supposed to aim at balloons and burst them in "given " limited number of trials. Some of the shots would burst balloons, rest shots would go in " Missed " state. Post those "limited" trials, no one could claim any more trial, lest the wish of the game organizer. This kids shooting game and the lines mentioned above some how relate to a common learning " Enjoy life to the fullest - This life comes on daily basis rather moment basis". But no one knows when this life ends and there's no more day. A life living approach is making sure that by the end of each day - It feels " I lived today, not just breathed ". To know one's going to die, and to be prepared for it any time. That way one can actually be more involved in one's life while living .

Life, given by Almighty is actually a blessing, followed by the knowledge of this giver, then putting this knowledge into practice, beautifying each and every moment that life brings in. I remember pulling myself through days somehow, not knowing that it is just increasing count of "Missed " moments and is doing no good to me. These moments, already gone, I cannot claim from Him, I already have " Missed " them. However I still can seek His grace and vision to live the moments in future that He's going to bestow on me.

Life is actually given to enjoy the beauty that lies around and inside, but some how at times we miss living the moments and then Mondays become 'Blue' .

~ A Learner

No comments: