Tuesday, September 1, 2009

She's Jhalli .. Guru's Jhalli !!

Days ago, I caught hold of this sister at B'mgham bhawan. I just had come out of the Namaskar line after seeking Babaji's blessings. 'Did you do Namaskar?' I checked with her.
To this she humbly replied - 'Bhaiya, I did not do Namaskar, I have had enough chances.'

I was thinking perhaps she had done it on Monday so didn't want to it again on UK trip. But later she clarified that she had done namaskar in Austria, and even after getting 4-5 chances in UK to do namaskar she had let go those opportunities. Sounded a bit strange to me - I would have understood her refusal on 2nd, 3rd or 4th opportunity but couldnt digest her refusal for all the opportunities even the very first. The mystery seemed to deepen when she said - 'Bhaiya, by doing namaskar here I didnt want to spoil the memories of the blessings I have had in Austria'.

Not sure if I could show any signs of confusion before she started unwinding her thoughts - 'Bhaiya, when I was standing in Queue in Austria, dont know why but all of sudden my thoughts changed. Earlier I stood there, thinking of some tasks, assignments but dont know when my thoughts just changed to gratitude for Babaji. The change that my life has had after His teachings. The only thought in my mind was to thank Babaji, and it seemed that Babaji too approved those thoughts because the memories I have at present are still afresh. But here in UK, I have had these many chances to do namaskar again, but every time my mind is full with some other thoughts, not experiencing gratitude for Him. And I feel this would be a wasted opportunity, if I bow down to Him thinking something else. Doing Namaskar like this would make no difference than me standing still watching Him. I dont want to spoil those memories where my mind was in complete surrenderance, to which He too reciprocated.'

Then we changed the topic of discussion, but inside I knew my thoughts were held. Her talks were not complete non-sense to me for they reflected something which I too have experienced. I dont know how she achieved this state, or is it required to copy this style of namaskar....but more than that I do need to copy this art of doing things and enjoying them at the same time. I guess this is a human tendency to do things at times even though when one is not fully present ...but art is to learn how to BE THERE.

No comments: