Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Guru Vs Guru


As time nears my wedding date, I have started giving more ears to what the experienced have to say. Not long ago, we were sitting in Hayes at Soniya Di’s place where she was mentioning about the pride a wife takes in her husband. “Bhaiya, irrespective of the caliber that her husband carries, a woman considers her man to be the crown of her head. Things change after marriage, earlier you can make fun of your friends but as soon as they get married, you’ll notice the difference. You crack the same joke as before, husband might not feel offended but wife won’t be able to tolerate that because her husband is her pride”.

I did notice this behavior thereafter. So beautifully this pride rests in women that I couldn’t resist relating this to my spiritual journey. I feel this is also true to every human. Irrespective of the level of correctness of my belief system, I am so attached to my beliefs. Like a wife who takes pride in her husband, I too take pride in my beliefs. The only friends wife has made are the one’s who have accepted wife with her husband. This behavior I think everyone understands, but don’t know why this doesn’t get replicated in spiritual journeys? A lady might take pride in her own husband but at the same time is cautious about understanding the pride woman opposite her is taking. Don’t know why people fail to implement this spiritually?

X who believes God is everywhere can’t tolerate Y who is trying to see God in his Guru. I cannot accept or offer respect to someone’s Guru but doesn’t mean my God is absent in his Guru. Don’t know why this gets missed, If I admire my mentor similarly does he admire his mentor. I believe this simple thought can prevent Guru Vs Guru fights going around.

No comments: