Tuesday, January 11, 2011

we never know how long

Couple of years, perhaps around 12 years, ago Babaji were touring Yamuna Nagar. Stay was at Amrit Auntie's Kothi. Jee and Mom were perhaps at Kothi for some sewa, so I was taking liberty to watch television late in the evening. Other family members were fast asleep. It wasn't silence around, but still I could hear the ringing of the phone very clear in middle of the night. I answered that call. After exchanging greetings, the caller asked if he could speak to Babaji. As the caller spoke more, I could identify that Vivek Shauq ji was on other side. I very politely tried to answer that this number was kept at home, and Babaji would be available at xyz alternative number. Vivek Shauq ji thanked and after exchanging the greetings cut the call.

It took me a minute to grasp that I had just spoken to one of the actors. Before I could fully come out of thoughts of the short interaction, the phone rang again. I answered that new call but to my surprise it was same caller again. Another exchange of greetings, and Vivek ji apologized. I couldn't get what he was trying to convey, but soon he continued his apology, "apologies for waking you up in middle of your sleep". I smiled and explained him that I was anyways awake. We exchanged greetings and since then we both never spoke one to one.

Just wanted to share with you Vivek Ji, that your simple act of kindness has been with me in mind for years now and hopefully will keep reminding me that it takes just a simple act to be kind and we never know for how long that act of kindness will remain!

No comments: