Monday, January 24, 2011

2 ON 10 - Air travel

My reply is still pending. I'm talking of the discussions that Manik and I were having few months rather years ago. I asked Manik to give me a list of 10 things which he would want to do before he dies. It takes some time to answer that, and so took Manik. But finally he handed me 10 things on his to-do list. Quite obvious, he asked me to do same. However, I didnt reply and till date my reply is pending.
Today was the last day for Mumbai Samagam. Last year same time we children along with parents were present there to seek blessings. It wasnt only the samagam I was excited about but also the journey. Eversince I remember, I had thought about travelling in airplanes and as time passed, I had opportunities to make airtravels 2-3 times a day. During one of such journeys clicked a thought, 'why not arrange air travel for parents? all of us have had opportunities to travel in plane but what about parents?'. Once in a while I did share this thought with them. As expected, parents were not so keen about spending unnecessarily especially when an alternative was available. Somehow last year, convinced Dad and Mom that they accompany us for Mumbai Samagam and that too in airplane. The journey and stay was quite pleasant. Thanks Babaji.
Today while watching Mumbai Samagam, thoughts connected back to our visit last year, the airtravel where parents too flew with me. It was like a dream come true to make a journey with them on plane. Thanks Babaji.
Coming back to the point where I started, this air travel with parents was my 2 ON 10, one of the things I would have wanted to do before I die. Thanks Babaji for making it possible and timely, no one amongst us would have thought that it was the only opportunity to do that travel with Dad. Few months later, Dad went back to Nirankar. Today when I think of this 2 ON 10, I am satisfied that this was achieved as desired. Now 9 remain.
Unlike Manik, I dont have the list handy. As the time passes I am unfolding what could be on this list. 1 is already known, 1 is achieved, 8 still to unfold. Perhaps that was the reason why reply is still pending.

No comments: