Monday, November 24, 2008

Sipson Lane

As I do often, I took a taxi from Station for Bhawan. It was raining and I was already late, so didnt prefer to do the bus journey followed by 15 mins walk. The lady at the taxi stop checked with the taxi driver if he knew where Sipson Lane was. Driver without a second thought nodded - Yeah. We started our journey, and half way through he took a right turn. Generally the route for bhawan is to travel more straight and then take right. Well, its possible that driver wants to approach from other side of bhawan, I kept quiet. Not until we reached Heathrow CBT, where I checked with driver that we are far away from Sipson Lane, If you dont know the way lets check with some one. And driver was talking in his own english accent, I didnt understand what his non-asian and non-european tongue spoke. Round and round we went and I started getting furious in thoughts - Already late for sangat and now the driver's gimmicks to overcharge. I just have 29 pounds in my wallet and the journey normally is paid as 5 pounds. Seems like namaskar money would also go to driver but what if he asks more than 29. Who would be mahapursh at the gate? Before that how do people fool each other these days. Its grace of satguru that I'm silent else who can keep silent these days. But I am going to remind the driver that its always better to admit one's shortcomings and better check the route before making a travel else one person like me would end up paying 29 pounds for a journey costing 5 pounds. When I was caught up in these thoughts, the driver was busy making rounds and rounds. Finally he halted in a place, and I said - Can we go back to our starting point? Driver showed me the map and asked where I wanted to go Shipsone Lane or Sipson Lane. And I was lets go back. Driver some how convinced me to see the map and locate my destination. And the began our journey on the starting street and then he took the cab from my normal route. He commented that once I have also dropped my friend on Sipson Lane days ago. Listening his comment, I wanted to add so what happened today? Forgot the route? Why acting smart to charge more? Anyhow we reached bhawan almost 20 mins late, and he started speaking that Sorry I didnt understand the accent perhaps. Well It was none of business to listen to his excuses, so I asked ' how much do I pay ?' and he said '4.50 pounds'.

No comments: