Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Which shaving thought do you use?"


Sanjay, my previous manager would always come to me and suggest 'Sunil, you are at a client location, you should look clean, do shave regularly'. This was the obvious reaction from Sanjay if I ever forgot to shave my beard. But ever since Sanjay moved out of the project and was replaced by Manoj, my current manager, things are better. Though I have never tried to go to office unshaven after remarks from Sanjay, but I do feel assured that Manoj cannot comment on my beard as he too comes to office unshaven every second day. A day before yesterday, I woke up late and as a result was behind my regular schedule. All of a sudden I remembered that I can save time by not shaving as now its era of Manoj, who himself doesn't shave often. Before I cold pat myself for the time saving technique I had discovered, there came the master blaster thought – "Do you shave for Manoj or for keeping yourself clean? "

Well, that day I finally shaved before going to office as I had realized that shaving was for my own cleanliness more than a gesture to please others. I wish if I picked this thought for all my spiritual endeavors, I won't pause at any time and will have a continued motivational level. I recall there was ad on television, some years ago which said "Which shaving cream do you use?" Seems like it would better fit here as "Which shaving thought do you use?"

No comments: