Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A man of no/all religion

I received an email from Wasi yesterday who offered to answer my queries, if any on the principles of Islam. I replied back with thanks stating that there are no queries as such. Moreover life already seems to be on direction of becoming a true Muslim.

I later received an email from Poul who asked whether my parents were Christian looking at my inclination to quote Bible.To him I replied that though parents were born Hindu but they nurtured me to become a true Christian.

Oh my goodness! I myself was surprised of the replies I gave, but those were not replies out of confusion, also not to confuse them. I wanted to bridge the gaps that might have existed based on outer layers of religions. Therefore I tried to create a comfort factor to instil a feeling that I belonged to them.

The feeling next to surprise was of gratitude - To understand such basics of religion was never in my capability. While there are people who go to extremes for converting someone into "their" religion, and here was I who was himself converting his religion with every email. That too because of one simple message.The simple message that prophets have given from time to time is such a powerful tool to resolve all differences. Wish whole humanity could understand, and then the peace - both internal and external - would become a reality. 

I later wondered what would Wasi and Poul think of me? I didn't know the answer May be "A man of no religion" or "A man of all religion". 

But one thing I was sure of was that they would have pulled their hairs if they had read what my replies were to other person's email :)

No comments: