Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mistaken Identity

Three of us were travelling in the car and somehow D touched one of the hot topic these days. D started informing all of us what had happened to few spiritual guides in India in recent past. How few guides were caught for being involved in one or the other unacceptable activities. I tried paying less ears to the conversation but got into an attentive listening mode when name of the Mission came into their discussions. D felt that one of the guides caught was actually the lead for the SNM. Not realising that I too was one of the followers of SNM, he kept on keeping his concerns about the condition that few spiritual leaders were not acting according to social norms. I thought of interfering in discussion by clarifying that D was mistaking the held guide with some other mission. However I kept quiet. Dont know why but I kept listening to the discussions without reacting much, although understanding that more than D I have had chance to observe SNM philosophy and the leader. I did think that I will go and perhaps separately clarify D's misunderstanding. D would meet so many people in his life hereon, It would be unjust if he continues giving wrong information to the people he meets. And people as they are would pick up wrong information about a mission that is making human out of me.
But as day progressed, I still kept quiet. I dont know if I should have had some anger or concerns for held guides like D had. I somehow feel, its tough to judge the situations these guides would have gone through. Without knowing them as a person, I am no authority to form any opinion, be it good or bad, for the held guides. My thoughts dont hold any grudges for these guides, because I dont know what they have gone through.
And on correcting D, I dont know what should be my reaction. Should I go and inform D that he is carrying wrong information? or should I keep silent because if D is giving wrong information, so am I? D hasnt known the mission, but I have! Despite knowing mission for so long, I have not been successful in portraying the correct ideology of mission. In a way, I too am giving wrong information to people about SNM. Hence, there's not much difference between D and myself. I kept quiet because of this confusion, which let to a conclusion that before correcting D, I should be correcting myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you dispatch, will look forward for the duration of more cognate articles without delay as its united of my favourite issue to read.