Sunday, March 28, 2010

How to loose one's Ego?

Other day I was talking to Lakshmi about the "Most wanted person by virtue of need" award which I had received for work in my previous project. Since I was the only contractor working in that project, I myself informed my Line Manager in parent company about it. Although I don't like doing this but somehow wanted it to be recorded with my parent company, that I had received some award for my work. However, after sending that email I had no replies or congrats from my Line Manager. I was surprised as generally what I have observed is, any email appreciation from client is followed by appreciation emails from all managers in parent company. Nothing happened basically after my sending that email to Line Manager. I kept quiet.

Days followed, and then other team mates received some appreciation from client. Surprisingly, this time same Line Manager sent that email to higher management which resulted in number of emails floating for appreciation. Luckily, I wasnt able to digest that, it was just an email for other team mates but an award for me. An email was heavily acknowledged but an award went unnoticed ? Perhaps I wouldnt have bothered but because it was "I" who had received the award, I was disturbed. I couldnt sit properly for some time, as this was disturbing me. I wasnt sure how I should react, but nevertheless I thought of discussing this with Lakshmi.

As I shared with her my problem, the usual happened. As predictable she is, "Sunil Ji, isko dekha hai aapne. Yeh to creator hai fir bhi kabhi nahin jataata". Lol...that was the simple tonic for the huge problem I was facing. Often I have noticed how easily she relates to the Almighty than I can do. A simple thought but with great depth, that look at the Almighty, despite being creator He never boosts about His deeds, why winning an award is making you disturbed...just because others failed to acknowledge it. It was a matter of seconds, that I was back to normal state..laughing at my ownself.

Quite truely, I still havent learnt how to be humble. Something I desire to learn, because its so soothing. I remember Babaji citing example of Lord Rama, and how humble He was when Parshuram Ji was shouting at Him. Definately, Looking at Rama's life there is so much to be learnt, the simplicity, divinity, kindness,...a whole lot of chapters in syllabus of spirituality. But again the first step as mentioned, "Pratham Bhakti Santan Kar Sanga.." Thankyou Babaji that you have sent Lakshmi in life who has guided and reminded me of your teachings where ever I was going aside.

No surprises why I always answer in same way to this question," how to loose one's ego?".."By seeing someone who is greater than you"...You'll stop worrying about not getting credit, if you understand how this Creator is silent even if His deeds are not acknowledged :)

No comments: