Friday, August 7, 2009

Smile Smile mein...


Days ago

‘Prediction was for Sunshine, but its raining heavily. Weather department isn’t working It seems’ – He smiled.
I smiled – ‘What could they do? I prayed for rain today’
‘Ha Ha….I prayed for Sunshine, how come your prayers got heard?’-He smiled.
I smiled – ‘Connection. If you know whom you are addressing prayers to, prayers get answered. If there is no addressee for a letter, who would reply back then?’

Today

‘These days you aren’t praying properly!!’-He smiled.
He smiled. I asked –‘why? what happened?’
‘It didn’t rain heavily today’- He smiled.
I smiled.

Often when Graham and I sit together, we end up discussing weather. The weather outside is so refreshing these days that even eyes appreciate. Graham knows how rains bring smile on my face, and I know how much he looks forward for a sunny day. Today too we were sitting and talking about weather when he reminded me of the remarks that I had given days ago.

Graham – Sun-hill how different are we culturally!! You folks like rains and we admire sunny weather. It’s nice to meet people with different psychologies.

Sunil – Grey-um, I would say how similar we are!! Both of us don’t like what we have seen in abundance.
Both of us smiled.

No comments: