Friday, August 14, 2009

Pack of 10 eggs


As soon as I entered house, I thought of returning the recently bought pack of 10 eggs. While buying only, I was skeptical about this pack. I wasn't sure if I'll be able to consume 10 eggs before the expiry date. But then somehow bought this pack, as there weren't many options to choose from.
As I entered the house, I started reading the details mentioned on the pack. "Expiry date is a bit far away, If I eat 2 daily I should be able to meet the target." - my mind was making calculations. And all of a sudden I read something that I took a U-turn in order to return to the shop. "I can't" - my mind saying to me.
I always have been choosy of what I can eat and what not. "Although I can eat eggs but not of ducks, or lions, ......wait a minute...lions dont lay eggs. Chief, do lions lay eggs?"
I have seen Chief smiling when we talk about stuff but not laughing like he did when I asked this question. "Yes, they do in Britain" was his reply with a smile.
And I understood he was pulling my leg :-)
Though I tried my best to link it to spirituality but nothing much I could do. Although the very first thought that came after this incident was - How easy it is to forget what one has been learning all throughout his life !! Maalik baksho !!

No comments: