Monday, August 2, 2010

I have knowledge b.. ...

While having breakfast other day, I switched telly on. Scrolling through channels I stopped at some Indian channel which was airing epic Mahabharata. Recently have enjoyed seeing the conversation between Lord Krishna and Arjun in the Gita Gyan episodes, so didn't mind seeing the episode where all Pandavas, Lord Krishna go and meet Taatshree. Amidst the emotional conversation, Krishna asks Bhisham Pitaamah to share some words of wisdom with the pandavas. Amazingly Bhisham Pitaamah says that if you are here Krishna, who else is worthy to speak? Knowledge comes from you etc etc, this was but obvious statement. However, my thoughts come to a stand still when I recall Krishna's reply
I have Knowledge but you have experience.

I dont remember this dialogue from childhood days of my audience to this same epic. How remarkably Krishna accepts to be all-knower but still gives importance to His elders' experiences. There on I am trying to forgive myself for being intolerant of elders' seemingly un-knowledgable but possibly experienced acts. How many times I have been intolerant when I have seen elders doing something which never fitted my understanding of lawful living, but here was an example of how the role model Himself silently gave message of spiritual living. Perhaps the learning could also be talked in generic sense; why only elders, actually one has to be tolerant and respectful to every individual's experiences.

Having said this, nothing much has been achieved. There's still remaining another part: to experiment this tolerance and add to my own experience:-)

No comments: