Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello Brother! Brother!

Years ago, brother and I were walking in Samagam Grounds. Proceedings for the day had just completed and we were on our way to the tents. Inquisitive enough, I asked ‘why do saints get up during dhuni if it is being announced that please remain seated?’ Brother gave me some strange looks as if I had asked something wrong. Without much botheration to understand his gesture, I continued ‘Aren’t they doing wrong?’ I waited to see a Yes or No from his side, but he spoke, ‘aapko pasand nahi to aap mat utho’. When I had expected a Yes or No, I heard a very neutral answer from him that if you don’t like, don’t get up.
No wonder he reminds me often, “Jo kujh tenu changaa lagdea, khaa pi te vastar pa, duniya da updeshak banke, horr na jhagdey pyaa vadhaa “.

No comments: